Monday, September 5, 2011

It has been too long..

I am so sorry for not updating our blog sooner. Life has become very busy when school started again. We have had many first and yes we do have pictures but until I can get those posted I would like to update what has been happening.
Savannah lost her first tooth since she has been home. She was very excited about getting something special under her pillow in the morning. She started school and so far loves it!! Her teacher says she is doing great and catching on quick. She is amazing and I believed she could do that. She had her first visit to the dentist and was a little nervous but was a trooper. Then we finally got professional pictures done of the girls together. They also got their school pictures taken so I am excited about seeing those. I will post a couple of the professional pictures also.
Sierra is also doing very well in school. She has learned to ride her bike without training wheels and is having so much fun riding around the neighborhood. She is growing up too fast and just so beautiful.
Billy has begun his SENIOR year in high school. I am so amazed that my "baby" son is a senior!! The plan is to graduate midterm and begin ICC in the spring..........oh wow........that is just too wild for me. He is very interested in attending Western University here in IL but has check out and will be checking out more colleges up in Minnesota by Brandon. He works so much at Kroger's. They have praised him up and down on his ability to do a great job and to get it done. He has moved up quickly to know be apart of grocery. It was also said that he can go full time when he gets done with high school in December and while he is attending ICC. I just hope he can juggle all that but that would be a me.........worry wart!!
Well, Mike and I are attempting to get so much stuff done around the house...finish the basement, getting thing organized out in the garage, painting, and just the many little items. Mike and I are looking into building on next year. We both really miss having a billiards room and so we are going to add that to the back of the house. The kids love playing with their dad and so we want to bring that option back home. We will be adding a family room area to it also and finally getting our fireplace. We have two builders in mind and we will check out each of their prices and go from there. We both don't want to move again and so this is our option. We hope to have our adoption loans paid off by next year so we can go forward with out dream and goal of the addition.
I promise to get pictures up soon that I have........too many again....sorry! Thanks again friends for taking the time to read our blog. I will attempt to add post more often. I love using this avenue to express myself and to show how wonderful my children are. I guess many say that is bragging but if I am I am bragging about God and what he has given us. He is so amazing and we just are in awe of his ability to take something so painful and turn it into his glowing light.
Oh I forgot to mention........I ran into one of the children we had in our home last year from foster care. That child is being adopted and appears very happy. God is so good to find that child a wonderful family. The amazing thing is that family I have gotten to know through my work. The world is small and I thank God for letting me know that he is taking care of those things that he brought in my life for a moment and not for a life time. Hope......only truly comes from our God!!

No comments:

Post a Comment