Thursday, December 1, 2011

Funny things kids say...

I was hanging on the front door the scene of the Nativity. Sierra looked up at the Wise Men and said are they the German Shepherds. I looked at her and could not help but laugh and told her no sweetie they are the Three Kings..The Three Wise Men. She then pointed at the Shepherd with the sheep and said so is he the German Shepherd. I giggled and said yes he is the Shepherd. A German Shepherd is a kind of dog. She looked at me and we both just cracked up laughing. She is such a special giggly girl and I wonder........what would my life be like without her.

I know adoption to many can be questionable. Many people feel it takes the time away from the family that is already established but they are not aware that that child belongs in that family. Oh God knows but us as humans cannot understand the power and largeness of God. We think just in our box and forget God has truly asked each of us to step out in faith with Him to bring light to His World. I will admit I want to save every child and I will admit that I am willing to bite off bigger than I can chew but I have to admit of anything that is one area I truly love about myself. That I will run to the let down, the forgotten, the sadden, and what the world sees as unlovable and love them with all I have....especially with children. Those of you who have not been touched by adoption......who question it......who is against it......who feels it is more than they can give.........look at each child who is adopted and see who they are and if you can.....even for a little bit......think if they were left behind. Better yet.....think if it was you abandoned physically, emotionally and spiritually and no one wanted you........Thank God for your parents.......thank God for your life.......and thank God for what you have been given because believe me.....it could be you...it truly could!!!

1 comment:

  1. Before we brought home our youngest daughter, we had an elderly man in our church that questioned why we "were going to China" to adopt. In his mind that was crazy. A couple of years later, when our daughter was bopping around church talking to various people and just generally spreading her sunshine, the same man came up to me. He had tears in his eyes as he said,"When I think about that baby and what would have happened to her if you had not adopted her, it just makes me cry." I gave him a big smile and said, "That is why we went to China."

    ReplyDelete