Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Favorites........






Growing up I watched many times favoritism in family, school, neighborhood kids, and many aspects of my life. It still to this day gets under my skin. My kids will say I have favorites......but I truly don't.........truly! I purposely make sure each of my children feel special. I will not say I am perfect but I will not praise up one with out recognizing all of them. I think it is and will always be of my pet peeves to watch people totally ignore or bluntly be rude to someone because they don't "fit" the model of that particular person's view point of being good, like able, or fun. I think we need to attempt to see the good in others. Oh yes, I have people I struggle with and usually it relates back to this or due to behaviors or actions that are hurtful or painful to others.......which relates to favoritism. I think we all enjoy some people easier than others but it is no reason to snub, be short with, or be little someone else. I will admit.......I need to work on some of this myself.......because I am a person who sees it going on and I will return the behavior. Yep.....see not perfect......just wish life is fair......oh yeah...it is not...but to the flip side.......I will forever make sure that I am aware of myself and attempt to make those in my life feel special and not to make others feels less than..........yes......I will forever work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment