Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Norte Dame








Brandon visited Norte Dame this last weekend. It was amazing experience for him. He is beginning to search out colleges to attend to study for his PhD. I was very excited to receive an post card from him stating how his visit went and attempting to figure out God's will for him. He said the campus was beautiful. He was able to attend a football game and meet with the professor that he was interested in studying with. He also stated how wonderful their marching band was. I am just amazed to think back in January 1985 and finding out that I was pregnant with Brandon. I remember feeling very scared and thinking.....can I really give this child a life that would turn out to be much. I was still living at home with my parents. I was dating his bio dad at the time and we had a not so good relationship. Oh we had some happy times but I have to admit they were few and very far between. I knew I wanted to have a baby....no doubt but I wanted to be a good parent that can give everything to my child. It is funny........I had no clue what faith was........I had no clue what hope truly was.......and in the last 26 years...my little miracle who became this wonderful man and myself have shown each other what it means to live in the faith and hope of God. I don't give myself credit for any of it that has come out of our lives....because I know........that if it was not for God then none of the impossibles would of come possible without him. I look at all five of my children and are reminded that each of them are my miricles and gifts that I forever will cherish and be completely thankful for.....and I am so happy that I said yes to my son even though society look at our situation strangely because God........knew that he had a plan....as he always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment