Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dream of a life time......





I wanted to let everyone know that the prayers have been answered. A week ago Love Without Boundaries called me to tell me that I was chosen with three other woman to head to China on a Special Education Mission trip. I will be using my Occupational Therapy skills to teach teachers and school staff at an orphanage plus 6 other sites coming to the orphanage to learn new skills to use with the wonderful beautiful children of China. As far as I know I will be going with three other Special Education teachers on this trip. I am amazed how God amazes me over and over and over again. I had always dreamed of going on an OT mission trip but felt it would probably be rehab type training. I NEVER thought it would be the ability and chance to use my special education back ground. I am forever shocked by God's plans in my life. I do feel a wonder if I have the skills they are needing but I trust God's call. God is my confidence for this trip and every area of my life.

It has been a very hard year financially but I would do it again and again if God calls. We are now getting our income tax return in and a month ago found a savings account we forgot about. We have been paying off the bills and sticking to our plans. It feels so nice. When the large income tax refund for the adoption comes in then we will be better than we have been since Sierra was adopted. We are going to start saving and diminishing our debt. I pray that everything remains as planned because it truly the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders. Oh it will be a heavy lift off Mike's shoulders too but I am the one who manages it and sometimes it was as if I was attempting to find water in a dried up well. But God kept proving His strength when you are doing His call....I just needed to remain in that Faith until the entire amount comes in...

The girls continue to be dong wonderful. They just love hanging with each other. Today Sierra remained home from school due to some bowl issues. Savannah came home after school to give her a piece of candy that she received from school. What love they have for each other!!!

Well I pray that whoever reads this also is having dreams coming true and the weight of the world......whatever it is......lifted off their shoulders. I pray that whatever life hardship you are plowing through that you remain in God's strength to bring you to the other side. The side where you feel your desires come to light...Blessings!!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear all about it. Do you know when you'll be traveling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are traveling in July. I will be posting in China with updates while I am there. I need to download the application I need so I can access the blog...something I did not do before we travel to bring Savannah home. Thanks Dawn....I am truly excited!!

    ReplyDelete