Friday, March 2, 2012

Good tmes.....




Well it has been 9 months since we came home with Savannah. I will she is an amazing little girl. I won't deny that with an older child adoption that is hard. With languange barriers, emotional needs, adjustng to a new world her and us...there are challenges. Would do it again........YOU BETCHA!!!


But we just are tapped out and we don't feel we could give the child the best home he/she would deserve. Savannah says......More kids!! Sierra says...No more kids.......and I want to be the baby she always reminds Mike and I. I love her honesty. My heart is so filled for adoption that I am going to help get the word out. I am also looking at helping others already on the international adoption journey with financing by having fund raisers and sending money when we have it. I just think it is important to always give back because gave us so much! It amazes me that there are so many people out there with the love of Christ in them to give to the forgotten children. As far as we are concerned and I think for many parents who adopt, it is actually in our heart from our conception. I believe God had a plan for us and for our children no matter how them became apart of this family........either in a delivery room or in a Civil Affairs office in China. You see I have had people ask me....."What do you think would happen to these girls if you had not adopted them?" My answer is "Well that was not suppose to be. That was never in God's plan." There is a lot of faith when it comes to taking the steps into adoption and one reason I want to give back. I remember thinking...how are we going to pay for this...for both our girls. I remember believing....If is God's will and I have the strength to go through whatever God asks then I will be. It was never easy...NEVER!! I lost two friends during our journey to Sierra. Oh they are my friends now but during her process they actually thought we were crazy and had many opinions that they stated behind our backs about it. Just before we left and after we came home they came up and apologized and realize that Sierra was always ours. You see......I think we even taught others the meaning behind faith.





With Savannah we had a family deviation. Mike and I were very fearful of losing and breaking up our family. I knew God was asking me to move forward but I will tell you I was so scared!! Now that person just adores their sister so much!! And Savannah adores that person too!! Another time God was teaching faith to everyone involved!!




Savannah has had one surgery since she has been home and her other one is scheduled for the end of March. We are all excited because that is when she will receive her new smile. We love her smile now. It just needs so touching up to be even and she DESERVES that!!



We are looking into traveling to MN in April to spend some time with Brandon after Savannah surgery. We are planning on going to the Mall of America and also what I call the Goodwill of America...yes it is AWESOME. I will take pictures and post them so you can all see what I am talking about. We are hoping to volunteer at Brandon's school during lunch and then get some mom needed time with my son...:)

It continues to be good times in the Wanless household with struggles, mountains and burdens to carry but.........still good times with God being the center!!

No comments:

Post a Comment